Explore the many ways you can join in and start contributing.
How can I get involved?
There are plenty of ways for everyone to get involved in Jirdarup Bushland. You can come along to one of our regular community education activities or upcoming events that showcase fascinating topics and guest speakers.
You can join our group of dedicated weeding team who are part of 3-year hand-weeding trial.
Why should I volunteer?
There are many benefits of volunteering with the Friends of Jirdarup Bushland, both for you and for the community:
- It’s good for your physical and mental health, especially as you’ll often be outside connecting with nature, getting exercise and fresh air.
- Listen to Helen Brown explain why volunteering in conservation is good for you.
- Volunteers learn things, about the environment, about our special plants and wildlife, about how to run a small organisation, about event management and marketing, and even about building a website.
- You can become a citizen scientist.
- You will meet new people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities who live around Victoria Park and South Perth: young people, older people and families, all sharing a love the bushland.
- It saves resources by supporting the Landcare work of the Town of Victoria Park.
- It will stand you in good stead when you apply for a job.
- You can make a difference!
You are never too young and never too old. Contact Us if you are not sure where to start.
Containers for Change QR code
COntainers for change
Support us through Containers for Change
Support us with our Containers for Change QR code: C10408106