Our mission is the preservation of Jirdarup Bushland Precinct (Kensington Bushland, George St Reserve and Kent St Sandpit) in the Town of Victoria Park (Western Australia) and the promotion of its importance in the community.
What we do
- Advocate for the preservation and protection of Jirdarup Bushland Precinct and other banksia woodland areas in the Town of Victoria Park (ToVP).
- Landcare: Ensure the ‘Bush Forever’ site of the Precinct is maintained and preserved and work towards ecological restoration and protection of wildlife in adjacent areas.
- Promote: Increase community awareness of the value of Jirdarup Bushland Precinct, including its Indigenous heritage.
We are registered with the ACNC as an unincorporated charity.
- Klaus Backheuer (Chair and Treasurer)
- Julie Bain
- Dave Blakeway
- Helen Brown
- Clare Caldeira
- Vicki Caulfield (Chair Events Sub-Committee)
- Amanda Morcom
- Lesley van Schoubroeck
- Gwynth Schlipalius (Honorary member and founder of the group)
Our logo – featuring a Forest Red-tailed Black Cockatoo in flight – uses artwork by the well-known local Aboriginal artist Darryl Bellotti (of both Yamatji and Noongar ancestry). The rings symbolise a meeting place and the three parallel lines a journey and paths. There are plenty of lovely paths to explore walking around our precious Jirdarup Bushland.