We invite you to get involved in whichever way best suits your interests, skills, abilities and time.
There are many benefits of volunteering with the Friends of Jirdarup Bushland, both for you and for the community:
- It’s good for your physical and mental health, especially as you’ll often be outside connecting with nature, getting exercise and fresh air.
- Volunteers learn things, about the environment, about our special plants and wildlife, about how to run a small organisation, about event management and marketing, and even about building a website.
- You can become a citizen scientist.
- You will meet new people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities who live around Victoria Park and South Perth: young people, older people and families, all sharing a love the bushland.
- It saves resources by supporting the Landcare work of the Town of Victoria Park.
- It will stand you in good stead when you apply for a job.
- You can make a difference!
Check out what we do. Or have a look at the projects we are working on now. Check out our Management Committee, your skills could be very useful. What interests you?
You are never too young and never too old. Contact Us or start attending our events.
We look forward to seeing you. And it will be good for you.